Trinity College Kandy seeks individuals with drive, professionalism and creative excellence for Trinity College Football, Athletics, Chess and Gymnastics programme. The selected team of coaches will come directly under the administrative purview of the Principal within the College Sports Management & High-Performance framework.
Applications are invited for the positions of Coach – Senior & Junior and Trainers.
The overall aptitudes of the coaching team will include:
- Proven skills in developing game plans and patterns of play suited to the age and quality of players available for selection. The importance of technical components through specific analysis is critical.
- Interpersonal skills and high level of collaboration are also imperative, as is the ability to articulate and deliver an overall vision for Trinity Sports.
- A higher level of commitment to the holistic formation of students based on Trinity core values: humility – service – love.
- An excellent communicator and motivator – the coaching team will liaise closely with stakeholders of Trinity College sports, such as members of the administration, other coaches and MICs, the students who are involved in sports at all levels.
- Reliability and sound knowledge of the sport in initiating basic skill is essential in the coaches considered for the junior sports programme. They should possess the skills to offer young children a positive introduction in the related sport.
The successful candidate as the Head Coach must have a minimum of 2 years of experience as a Head Coach of a leading school / club or equivalent. A minimum qualification in the given sport or approved accreditations are mandatory. Emoluments will be on par with qualifications and experience. All Trinity College Kandy coaches will undergo a mandatory performance appraisal based on clearly defined KPIs at the end of each year.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed during the month of October 2022. Please forward your CV with contact information and the names of two non-related referees on or before the 15th of October 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org or via registered post marked “strictly confidential” and addressed to: The Principal, Trinity College, Kandy.