ICT Society – Upper school
The ICT society of Trinity College is the leading ICT based society in the College since it started in 2007.
The ICT Society has extended the reputation of the College, nationally and internationally in the past few years.
As Trinity College students are gain both theoretic and practical knowledge in media, programming, graphic design,and other aspects of ICT, we hope to get involved in many school activities in the future.
Target age group – Grade 10 to Grade 14 ICT students
ICT Society Committee – 2016
Patron: Mr. Andrew Fowler-Watt (Principal)
Mistress-In-Charge: Ms. D. Rajapakse
President: D. Vedamuttu
Secretary: K.R. Grehan
Vice President: M. Shuaib
Asst. Secretary: M.M.B Wickramasinghe
Treasurer: K. Athauda
Asst. Treasurer: I. Wijesundara
Coordinators: A.A.R Zafer & R.P. Gunawardena
Highlights of 2016
- The members Participated in the first round of the Quiz Competition at “Oracle ’16” the annual ICT Day of Mahamaya Girls’ College Kandy in May 2016.
- Participated at “ARRAY ’16” the annual ICT Day of Good Shepherd College Kandy in May 2016.
- The ICT Society participated at “LUNA ’16” the annual ICT Day of Kingswood College Kandy on 22nd June 2016.
The members of the ICT Society participated in the Quiz preliminary round focusing on the programming concept of the given problem.
- The ICT students of Upper School participated at the “Future Careers Innovation Competition 2016 – Project Evaluation Process” held on 31st May 2016 at IFS Kandy.
This competition was organized with the assistance of ICT Branch of Ministry of Education, SLASSCOM, and ICTA. The following were the Project team members:Master D. S. Wedamuttu – Grade 13
Master R. Grehan – Grade 13
Master M.M.B Wickramasinge – Grade 13
Master M.P.N.L. Fernando – Grade 13
Master M.C. Mallikarachchi – Grade 12
Highlights of 2015
- The ICT Society emerged as 2nd Runners-up at the ICT Quiz Competition, “SAGACIOUS ’15” organised by the Pushpadana Girls’ College Kandy.
- The award ceremony of ‘Dialog App Challenge – School Level Category Competition’ was held at the Faculty of Science, University of Peradeniya on 28th of March 2015 in collaboration with the ICT Branch of the Ministry of Education, Faculty of Science, University of Peradeniya and Dialog Axiata PLC. The following ICT students were awarded certificates:Master P.C.K. Udapamunuwa – Grade 13
Master G.K. Karunanayake – Grade 13
Master P.S. Amarasinghe – Grade 13
In addition, 4G Internet facility and a Dialog DTV have been gifted to the College ICT Laboratory.
Highlights of 2014
- Master P.C.K. Udapamunuwa of Trinity College won the 2nd Runner – up of the all Island inter school IT Mastermind Quiz -2014. He was awarded Rs. 50,000/- worth Lap Top and the college was awarded IT equipment worth Rs. 100,000/-. This IT Mastermind competition 2014 was organized by Computer Society of Sri Lanka(CSSL) with the strategic partnership of ESOFT Metro Campus.
- Master P.C. K. Udapamunuwa of Trinity College won the first place in the “All island Trilingual nationwide ICT article competition“ organized by the Visakha Vidyalaya Colombo. He recieved a certificate and Rs. 10,000/- cash prize.
- ICT Quiz Team of Trinity College won the “Merit Award” (School Category) at the All Island ICT Quiz competition organized by the Faculty of Computing , Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (SLIIT), Malabe Campus in October 2014. Master P.C.K Udapamunuwa, Master J.L. De Silva & Master W.S.B. Weragama participated at the Quiz.
Highlights of 2012
Master A.N. Kingsley of Trinity College was awarded as the “Most outstanding IT student of the year” sponsored by the National Institute of Business Management(NIBM), Kandy Regional Centre.
Highlights of 2011
- Master W.L.C. Samarasinghe Trinity College, won the first place of the all Island inter school IT Mastermind Quiz -2011. ‘IT Mastermind 2011’ is an Inter School Quiz tournament organized by the Computer Society of Sri Lanka (CSSL) with the strategic partnership of ESOFT Metro Campus.A laptop computer worth Rs. 75,000, Mastermind Trophy and medals which was the prize for the top winner, and the set of computer peripherals worth Rs. 100,000 were presented to the principal of Trinity College, Kandy.
- Master W.L.C. Samarasinghe of Trinity College, won the Gold Medal (1st Place – Senior Category National Schools) at the Young Computer Scientist Competition – 2011. Young Computer Scientist competition was organized by the Ministry of Education, University of Colombo School of Computing(UCSC) and Federation of Information Technology Industry Sri Lanka (FITIS).
- Master W.L.C. Samarasinghe, the Young Computer Scientist of 2011 represented Sri Lanka and competed in the “Asia Pacific ICT Alliance Awards Competition 2011” in Thailand, sponsored by the Asia Pacific Information & Communication Technology Agency (APICTA).
Highlights of 2010
- Master J.C. Samarasinghe and K. Jayasooriya won the 2nd place for making the film “A mad Scientist Destroy the Earth”. The 2 winners were awarded by a scholarship to follow an ICT Course at Open Arc College of Business and Technology (Pvt) Limited, Which was worth Rs.104,000/-.
Highlights of 2009
- A Graphic, Animation and Digital Art stall was conducted by the ICT Society on the grounds of BMICH Colombo, during the National Software Exhibition and Conference, from the 16th to the 18th of January 2009.
- Master S.M. Bandare of Trinity College, won the “Silver Medal” with a Dual core computer system at the “Young Computer Scientist” competition. This competition was conducted by University of Colombo School of Computing (UCSC).
- Members of the ICT, Society conducted a stall at “ICT-Kandy “ Exhibition and Trade fair which was held at Queen’s hotel , organized by Sri Lanka computer venders association, central Province. Trinity ICT Society “Quiz team’ won the 1st place in this event.
Highlights of 2008
- Master Darren Madasekera of Trinity College won the “Silver Medal” for computer graphic animation at the “Young Computer Scientist Competition, 2008”. This competition was conducted by University of Colombo, sponsored by Sri Lanka Association of Software Industry.
- Master Darren Madasekera, the Silver medallist, took part in this competition and was awarded a scholarship to compete the International Computer Project Olympiad from 11th to the 15th of November 2008 at Ashgabat, Turkmenistan, along with participants from 33 countries including USA and Germany, in which he was awarded the gold medal. MEDAL.
- Master V.N. Bandaranayake, of Trinity College , was selected as the Runner-up among the 4000 participants of this competition and won the silver medal, with a cash price of Rs. 200,000. The ICT Laboratory of the Upper School, was appreciated by the awarding of 03 Dual-core Computer systems. This competition was organized and conducted by University of Colombo School of Computing with the sponsorship of Delong Telekom PLC.
- CATEGORY Societies and Clubs