Teachers’ Day, always a special event at Trinity College, was once again celebrated in style on the 8th of October 2018 at the College Main Hall to an audience of both Senior school students as well as the Staff of Trinity College Kandy. There, they were treated to a series of entertainment items put on by the students of the School.
The items for the day were:
- A performance by the National Drum and Dance Troupe.
- A musical item by the Western Music Society.
- A short drama from the Trinity College Literary Association.
- A musical blend performed by a group of Grade 12 and 13 students.
- A speech by a member of the School Officers’ Guild.
- A performance by the Oriental Music Society.
The intention of each of these items was not just to entertain, but to also highlight and celebrate the role that teachers play in the lives of all students.
As a whole, the Teachers’ Day Celebrations for the year 2018 achieved the goal of the day, which was to celebrate the teachers of the school, and all that they do for their students. We thank all teachers for their work, and hope that they will forever be recognized for the part they play in the lives of their students!
See the full album on our Flickr site!