Expressions of interest are invited from bidders for the long-term lease of the above farm located at Pallekele, and approx 11 acres in extent. This farm is an integral part of the School and its scheme of education, and continues the vision of its founders to provide students with the benefit of this facet of education. The property is owned directly by the school on clear and unencumbered title.
- The School now wishes to lease this farm to an interested and committed reputed organization or person while retaining its rights to have access to the farm in educating students of the School. The farm consists of mixed, diverse agricultural crops and livestock, and has an abundance of resources including water. Interested bidders should provide a detailed plan to continue this venture in keeping with its original purpose.
- The College would be willing to lease the farm for a period of at least 15 years and on mutually agreed terms. No sub-leasing will be possible, and the land and other assets shall not be used for any purpose other than for the purpose set out above.
- Existing movable assets, vehicles, equipment, livestock to be purchased by the lessee, and the existing staff would have to be retained on a mutually agreed basis.
- Construction of new buildings or structures, renovation or demolishing of existing buildings, would require express written permission of the school subject to such terms and conditions as may be agreed between the parties.
- Access will have to be provided to students of the school at regular intervals for education purposes, and for students to acquire practical skills in the operations of the Farm, on a mutually agreeable basis.
Interested parties may submit sealed Expressions of Interest addressed to the Head of Administration, Trinity College Kandy on or before 10th of July, 2019 under Registered cover with “EOI-TCK Farm”on the top left hand corner of the envelope or by e-mail to email@example.com with “EOI-TCK Farm” as the subject.
Bidders should provide the following information:
- Details of bidder including name, address, contact details, legal status of the bidder organization and information on key staff, investors and personnel
- Documents in support of the bidder organization’s ability to meet their financial commitments
- Monthly lease rental offer
- Any other relevant factors
The decision of the College with regard to the award of the tender shall be final and binding.