Trinity College, Kandy, is a prestigious, state registered private college in Sri Lanka, founded in 1872 by the Anglican missionaries. Currently the college offers primary and secondary education in the national curriculum and international advanced level. A professional academic and administration staff, multiple sports activities, a vibrant co-curricular activity programme, a newly refurbished boarding house and modern classroom infrastructure facilities provide the students an excellent platform for an integral education. As Trinity College Kandy celebrates 150 years of excellence in 2022, we invite a person with drive and initiative to partner with us.
- Qualified in CA / CIMA / ACCA preferably a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka.
- Minimum 4-5 years of post-qualifying experience.
- Knowledge in tax laws is an added advantage.
- Interpersonal, communication, presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in supply chain, finance including budgeting, variance reporting & preparation of annual financial statements.
- High level of integrity with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and ability to use IT processes for financial controls and ability to upgrade skills and introduce best practices to meet changing requirements.
- Fluent in English and Sinhala / Tamil languages.
- Day to day financial operations of the institution.
- Authorizing and monitoring of revenue expenditure and signatory to institution’s payments within the stipulated limits.
- Close and continuous monitoring of all receivables including any fees in arrears to ensure that they are collected within the due dates.
- Maintain a timely and accurate book of accounts in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and manage the ERP system.
- Treasury functions such as liaising with banks, cash management, monitoring daily cash movements, prudent investment of excess funds as per the laid down policy / procedures and ensuring sufficient funds are available for payments and operations (ERP system enhancement)
- Establish and continuous improvement of financial policies and processes for the institution.
- Drive cost optimization and profitability improvement initiatives.
- Oversee all project proposals.
- Monthly financial accounts closure & preparation of financial reports.
- Corporate governance including audit, tax and other regulatory compliance.
- Establishment and maintenance of strong internal control and risk management systems.
- Motivate, coach and mentor subordinates in Finance and other management areas to enhance their efficiency in achieving departmental / organizational objectives.
- Perform any additional duties when requested by the management.
A remuneration package on par with industry standards will be offered to the right candidate.
Please forward your complete resume with contact details of two non-related referees to email@example.com on or before 19th July 2021 quoting MSL Reference No.7614 in the subject column.