Trinity College is seeking a highly experienced professional to lead its Information Technology Division. The Manager IT would be responsible for the planning and execution of the digital vision of Trinity College and will oversee the development, implementation, and use of technology across the College, and work closely with all staff to assess and address their needs. Areas of responsibility include the full range of information systems and technology activities, including determining user requirements, providing practical solutions, and leading updates and improve the effective use of technology, both in education and administration.
- Execute the Trinity College Digital Vision and IT Strategic Priority Plan.
- Manage network and communications infrastructure, as well as development plans, projects, policies, and procedures.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephones, software applications, peripherals, data loggers, cloud systems and security solutions.
- Develop strategies and plans to enhance staff and student services, improve user effectiveness, and foster innovation.
- Develop standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to IT staff, college staff and students
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services
- Keep current with the latest technologies and facilitate training requirements.
Qualifications and experience:
- Education: a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited College or University in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or closely related field.
- Experience: Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in performing and/or managing computer operations, programming, networking, and system development and design, including two (2) years at supervisory responsibility. Prior experience at an educational institute or setting will be an added advantage.
An attractive package based on market rates and depending on qualifications will be offered to the selected candidate. Candidates should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “IT Manager” as the subject within 14 days.