The ‘Drop a Coin in Aid of Thalassemic Patients’ project which was organized by the Trinity College Social Service Union concluded with great success with Junior, Middle and Upper School students, teachers and administration staff generously contributing money towards this cause.
We would like to make a special mention of the classes which contributed the most:
- Grade 3 – The students from Mrs C.P.K. Wijewardena’s class contributed more than five thousand rupees.
- Grade 5 – The students from Mrs Sharmini Wijeratne’s class contributed more than five thousand rupees.
- Grade 6A – The students from Mrs Pethiyagoda’s class contributed more than eleven thousand rupees.
- Grade 10E4 – The students from Mrs Hettiarachchi’s class contributed more than a thousand rupees.
- Grade 12E4 – The students from Mr P. H. Navaratne’s class contributed more than a thousand rupees.
The overall amount collected from the entire school came an approximate seventy thousand rupees (Rs 70,000). The Social Service Union extends its sincere gratitude to all those who have contributed for this generous cause and specially to the Vice Principal, Mr J.D. Wilson and the Principal Mr Andrew Fowler-Watt for patronizing the event and making it a campus wide project.
The collection was done in aid of a thalassemic child patient Tharindu Ishara Maldeniya who is expected to undergo a matched related donor bone marrow transplant for thalassaemia major at Asiri Central Hospital. The cost of the procedure including provision of the donor cells is estimated to be in the region of Rs 4,500,000.
In picture above is Mr R.A. Maldeniya (father of Tharindu Maldeniya) receiving the donation from Mrs Abeykoon (the Teacher-in-Charge of the Social Service Union) and the Vice Principal Mr J.D. Wilson.