Message from the Principal and Chairman A&OC
Greetings to fellow Trinitians and well-wishers!
We are indeed delighted to have you on board for the T150 or sesquicentennial anniversary of Trinity College Kandy in 2022. As you are aware the Infrastructure Development Projects under Trinity150 are well underway with two of the main projects (Alison House and the new Abeyratne Jeyaraj Block) already completed and in use with progress of the two ongoing projects – Napier House & Quadrangle as given below:
- Ground floor renovation work completed and handed over.
- First floor demolition work finished.
- Repairs to existing windows 50% complete with fabrication of new windows complete, on site finishing work in progress.
- Ceiling work and electrical wiring work 50% complete.
- External wall paint on front elevation finished.
- All demolition work/ removal of debris completed.
- Underground drainage lines and manholes completed to address chronic subsidence problems affecting the basketball court.
- Structural work and plastering on terraces completed except for finishes.
- Seating on curved wall finished including metal backrest.
- Electrical wiring for external lighting 90% complete.
- Repairs to storm water drains around Napier almost complete.
Progress photographs of both sites are displayed in this newsletter for your information.
We extend our sincere appreciation to the TCK Batch of 1991 for coming forward to support the funding of the Quadrangle Project.
The next main project to be undertaken is the new Laboratory Block building. The preliminary work on this project is underway and we are hopeful to commence work on this project within the year.
We invite you to join in the celebrations planned throughout the year to make 2022 a year to remember. The detailed Event Schedule for T150Sesquicentennial Anniversary College Celebrations is available on the College website through the following link.
Join us to celebrate a meaningful T150 Anniversary!
Principal & Chairman – A&OC
Click the thumbnail below to view the Newsletter in PDF: