N.B. STRICTLY FOR CIRCULATION AMONG PARENTS OF TRINITY COLLEGE KANDY
I pray this communique will find you in good health. Thank you for your persevering collaboration and understanding in all our ventures. Above all the trust you have placed in us to provide an all-round education for your child is much appreciated.
- The 2nd term of 2023 will commence on the 18th of April for students [for staff it will start on the 17th of April]. The duration of the 2nd term will depend on the scheduling of the GCE Ordinary Level 2022 Examination. We will keep you regularly informed of any change through the College Website.
- As per the College Calander the Open Days for parents will begin immediately after we reopen for the 2nd term [please refer to the online Calander]. Please keep these days free.
- Please note carefully the TCK assessment [examinations] policy.
- All assessments [diagnostic, summative, formative & makeup (conducted in lieu of the actual scheduled exam)] are mandatory.
- 80% of class attendance is compulsory to be eligible for all assessments.
- Promotion to the next grade and registration for public examinations will depend strictly on the completion of the assessment schedule for the given academic year.
- We wish to remind the parents that it is the responsibility of the student to acquire academic eligibility by achieving the required academic standards. The option for a makeup examination is given only in the case of a student representing College in a sport or co-curricular activity.
- Students with school fee arrears will be prohibited from sitting for any school-based assessment and/or registering for public examinations.
- Any form of examination fraud [active or passive] will result in the immediate suspension of the student from school and the cancelation of assessment grades for the given year.
- School Fee Structure for 2023 / 2nd Term: following the Board directive, a 10% increase in the facilities fee from the 2nd term of 2023. While we are very much aware of the constraints faced by many parents, we are forced to make this increase to manage the premises and the many co-curricular activities and sports.
- Payment of School Fees: students with school fee arrears will:
- Not be permitted in the classroom.
- Not be permitted to sit for any school-based assessment.
- Not be allowed to register for public examinations from College.
- Not be allowed to represent Trinity College at sports or co-curricular activities.
- Not be eligible for TCK Awards [Prizes, Colours, Lion]
- Not be eligible to obtain predicted grades, leaving or character certificates.
All communication related to school fees and other matters will be sent via the College email address. We are in the process of obtaining all parents’ email addresses for this purpose as well.
- Any student who is absent from school for a period of two months [without prior permission] will be considered a leaver. For A/L student 80% [grade] attendance is mandatory to register for the G.C.E Advanced Level Examination.
- A special academic programme is organized for the GCE O/L 2022 students.
- We have introduced eligibility criteria for all students representing Trinity College in senior sports teams:
- Mandatory 40% academic average
- Completion of the grade assessment schedule
- Regular attendance in school and participation in college activities
- Timely payment of school fees
- Recommendation of the respective academic heads
- May I respectfully remind the parents that the education model of Trinity is a holistic and integrated one. Our effort is to provide an all-round formation for the child under our care. I am certain that it is with this aspiration you enrolled your child at Trinity.
- The 104th Annual Trinity-Antonian Big Match is scheduled for the 21st / 22nd of April 2023 at St. Anthony’s College grounds and the Limited Overs Encounter will be on the 29th of April 2023 at Asgiriya. Please note that all student-related activities for the Big Match will be organized by the School Officers’ Guild.
- Please take all measures to supervise your child, especially his associates, real and virtual. We are taking all possible steps to closely monitor the students when they are in school.
- May I wish you a grace-filled Easter Triduum and a New Year filled with happiness and contentment.
Rev. Fr. Araliya Jayasundara OSB
03rd April 2023