1. Alison House and Commerce Block
- Archaeological Department approvals received for Alison Boarding House renovation, with minor alterations on the new design.
- As-built drawings of existing steel work, roof, timber floor, ceiling etc. of Alison checked and cleared by the Consultant Chartered Engineer and Chartered Architect.
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing designs of the Commerce Block and Alison House finalized by MEP Engineers in consultation with the Consultant Chartered Engineer and Chartered Architects.
- UDA approval process commenced with the UDA Clearance Report for the Commerce Block and, documents submitted to them for online approvals/ hard copies.
- Invitation Letters (Expression of Interest for Bidding and Submission of Pre-qualification Documents) were dispatched to selected contractors to confirm their interest.
The following five Construction companies with accreditation from the Construction Industry Development Authority (CIDA) were short listed, and invited to submit their offers on or before 19/12/2018:
- Sanken Construction (Pvt) Ltd
- SAVISEVANA (PVT) LTD
- Sierra Construction
- Malwatta Construction
- Lego International
Time line scheduled for Alison House and Commerce Block is as follows:
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities on – Completed
- Compilation of Tender Documents on – Completed
- Floating of Tender – Completed
- Receipt of Tender – 19/12/18
- Award of Tender – Mid January 2019
- Mobilization at site – End January 2019
The Tender Evaluation Committee (TEC) comprises the following:
- Duminda Hulangamuwa – A&OC member
- Ravana Wijeyeratne – A&OC member
- Gemunu Abeyaratne – Director Finance T150
- Vasantha Ratnayake – Consultant Chartered Engineer T150
- Head of Administration – TCK
- Finance Manager – TCK
2. Communications and Fundraising
- The Principal, accompanied by Suranga Herath (A&OC member), made a presentation to the UK OBA, mid October. The OBA consequent to this meeting had opened a T 150 bank account to facilitate the donation process.
- On invitation from the Canadian OBA, the Principal made a presentation in Toronto on various aspects of the School, including T150 and, by all accounts it was very well received. Their support to the Project is assured.
- Ambassador T150 M.V.Muhsin, reported that Washington OBA are in the process of seeking support of old boy Associations in California, New York and Florida, to launch a T150 page in their website to keep all old boys engaged. Their annual dinner Dance on 03/11 was used to launch T150. Their substantial support too is assured.
- Ambassador T150, Mr. Dilip Kumar has conducted two group meetings in Brisbane and Melbourne and reports indicate his presentations have been well received. A third meeting is expected to be conducted in New Zealand shortly.
- The Chairman of the A&OC, Mr Jayantissa Ratwatte and Committee Member Mr Duminda Hulangamuwa made a presentation to the Batch of 1976-81 on Trinity150 and in particular, refurbishment of Alison. They assured us that their group would meet the total cost of Alison.
- A presentation was also made to the batch of 1968/ 70 with a Q&A session on 09/11 in Colombo, with the participation of the Principal and Members of the A&OC including Board Representative Mr Himendra Ranaweera.
- A group of 1980/85 were provided with a presentation by Chairman Jayantissa Ratwatte, members of A&OC Duminda Hulangamuwa, Vish Govindasamy and Imal Fonseka, on Tuesday 27/11.
- Another meeting with the TCK 1960 Group is scheduled to be held on 21/12/18 for a Presentation on Trinity150 followed by a Q&A session. The Principal and Members of the A&OC are expected to participate.
- ‘Pledges & Paid-Up’ has grown to Rs. 55.3 mn. as at 3rd December 2018, which includes, the Colombo OBA’s pledge of Rs.15 mn, and that of the pledge of Group of 76-81 of Rs. 30 mn for Project Alison.
Submitted by the A&OC.