Trinity College Kandy seeks individuals with drive, professionalism and creative excellence for Trinity College Rugby Football programme. The selected team of coaches will come directly under the administrative purview of the Principal and the operational framework of the Strategy Committee of the Old Trinitians’ Rugby Scrummage [OTRS].
Applications are invited for the positions of Head Coach, Manager, Forwards & Backs Coaches, Trainer, Director – Junior Rugby & Junior Rugby Coaches [12 – 14 – 16].
The overall aptitudes of the Trinity Rugby coaching team will include:
- Proven skills in developing game plans and patterns of play suited to the age and quality of players available for selection. The importance of technical components through specific analysis is critical.
- Interpersonal skills and high level of collaboration are also imperative, as is the ability to articulate and deliver an overall vision for Trinity Rugby
- A higher level of commitment to the holistic formation of students based on Trinity Rugby values: discipline – positive attitude – respect of others – team spirit.
- An excellent communicator and motivator – the Head Coach will liaise closely with stakeholders of Trinity College rugby, such as members of the administration, other coaches and MICs, the students who play rugby at all levels, and the Strategy Committee of the OTRS.
- Reliability and sound knowledge as a rugby educator in initiating basic rugby skill is essential in the director / coaches considered for junior rugby. They should possess the skills to offer young children a positive introduction to rugby.
The successful candidate as the Head Coach must have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Head Coach of a leading school or a club in the A Division segment in Sri Lanka or equivalent. A minimum qualification of World Rugby Level 1 and 2 coaching accreditations are mandatory. Director / Coach – Junior Rugby must possess sufficient experience in coaching and necessary accreditations from World Rugby. Emoluments will be on par with qualifications and experience.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed during the month of October 2022. Please forward your CV with contact information and the names of two non-related referees on or before the 05th of October 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org or via registered post marked “strictly confidential” and addressed to: The Principal, Trinity College, Kandy