Dear Students, Old Boys and Parents,
All of us are eagerly waiting for the 21st and 22nd of April 2023 to celebrate the 104th Battle of the Blues of the Hill Capital – the Trinity-Antonian Annual Cricket Encounter. Though it is an occasion to celebrate the rich cricketing ethos of our schools, let us also be conscious about the challenges our country is facing. It is imperative that we show our empathy amid celebration and fanfare. We request the students, old boys and parents to adhere to the following guidelines with regard to your participation at the Big Match.
- Student Attendance
All the students of Grade 10 (2023) and above are instructed to come in school uniform on Friday, the 21st of April 2023 at 7:30 a.m. to school. Only students clad in College Uniform will be permitted to enter the school or the venue. On Saturday, the 22nd of April 2023 students are expected to come to St. Anthony’s College grounds in College Uniform by 9:00 a.m. Kindly bring your College ID cards. The student pavilions will be exclusively for students in school uniform.
Students of grade 01-09 are encouraged to come directly to the venue in their school uniform with their parents to witness the match. Please make sure to arrange your journey after the day’s play.
- Conduct at the grounds
Students are expected to behave in a manner worthy of a Trinitian. Your choices and acts should embody the ethos of Trinity College Kandy.
- As visitors at the venue, it is our utmost duty to respect the space and the culture of our hosts.
- Kindly cheer the teams with respect and avoid being boisterous with inappropriate slogans. The spirit of sportsmanship must be respected by all participants.
- Please avoid littering the ground with plastic and wrappers, and always use the garbage bins to dispose waste.
- Please follow the guidelines provided by the staff and the School Officers’ Guild.
- Prohibited Items
The following items are strictly prohibited:
+ All form of alcoholic and narcotic substances
+ Non-transparent bags
+ Glass items
+ All Items prohibited by law in school premises and at school events.
Please note that any breach of the conduct expected of Trinitian [directly or through association], will result in the immediate suspension from College pending investigation. Any harm or damage caused to any person or property will be directed to the law-enforcement officials.
We have organized this event solely with the intention of:
- Providing a platform for talented sportsmen to express themselves in an arena befitting their talents.
- As a sign of our collective hope and resilience against the many challenges facing us as a nation.
- Giving an opportunity for our students to enjoy the company of each other.
It is the responsibility of the Trinity community to shun all actions that cause inconvenience to the public. Any student indulging in such abhorrent behaviours will be suspended from school with immediate effect. The 1st day of the Big Match [21st April 2023] coincides with the 4th Anniversary of the Easter tragedy of 2019. On this day, we remember the souls of all those who lost their lives and all the others who died from Covid 19. May the Lord of Life grant all the departed the eternal reward. On the 22nd of April 2023, our Muslim brothers and sisters will celebrate the blessed Ramadan festival. We wish them “Eid Mubarak“.
P.S. This is a communication issued to the students, old boys and parents of Trinity College Kandy.
Fr. Araliya Jayasundara OSB
18th April 2023